1. It’s noted in a report that a computer has not been contacted.
There are a number of reasons why the OOEMC Control Agent for allocating a job or remote installation reports that a computer is not available:
- Target computer is turned off.
- You don’t have the required administrator permissions on the target computer.
- A firewall on the target computer is blocking access. Open Port 50400 in the Windows Firewall for job allocation. The Ports for “File and Print Sharing” (TCP 139, TCP 445, UDP 137, UDP 138) and the WMI (TCP/135) must be opened for remote installation. See also chapter “Firewalls“.
If you’re using a firewall from another manufacturer, consult the program’s own Help site.
2. I can’t add a computer to the computer list.
If you’re unable to add a computer to the selection, please check the terms of your license. You have possibly reached the maximum number of “clients” available to you. If this is the case, you should either purchase additional licenses or replace some of the computers that you possibly no longer need to manage in the list.
- Under Tools/Licensing, you have an overview of all licenses, both available and already in use.
3. How can I create a job for a site?
Example: Create a job for site using O&O DiskImage.
- Select a site in the tree structure on the left side of the window. In the window above on the right you can see the folder Sites.
- Select the site you want and click on Add under Job in the lower right window.
- If no job is selected, you’ll have to create a new one in the file menu under New.
4. How can I remove a job?
When you no longer need a job, you can remove it by right-clicking the job and then clicking Remove. The job will then no longer be run on any computer.
5. How can I see a report?
In every module folder you can find all the reports listed according to date. In the reports themselves you can find information such as status, computer name, action, and date. To see the report, click on the one you wish to see on the list. It will then appear in a separate program window.
6. No computer in the network is found during the computer search.
If no computer appears under Find computer, you might not be registered in the domain or possess the required permissions for reading any domain information.