The management function provides several options for adapting O&O DiskImage to meet your individual requirements and automate activities.
The Express View shows a very compact user interface with the main functions of the programs. You can use the Express view for creating and mounting images as well as for restoring drives. Individual functions of the Express view can also be manually disabled so that another user won't be able to use a particular feature.
Run scheduled activities
O&O DiskImage lets you setup a schedule for running activities. Thanks to a helpful Wizard, you can, for example, setup to have your data imaged automatically on a regular basis according to a schedule. Further settings for scheduling:
- Manage, change, manually start saved jobs according to a schedule
- Automatically create images of hard disks, drives (Partitions/Volumes)
- Automatic creation of incremental images
- Automatic checking of images
- Automatic creation of differential images
Report management and notification
- Detailed reports with complete description of processes.
- List of the selected parameter/settings
- Email notification via SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, without SSL encryption) following job processing
Work across a network
O&O DiskImage gives you the option of saving images on network drives. The only thing this requires is Network authentication. A detailed explanation of authentication can be found in the chapter Network authentication.
A special feature of O&O DiskImage Workstation and Server Editions is their interface with the O&O Enterprise Management Console. You can install and plan your jobs for O&O DiskImage from one central location within the network.
The O&O DiskImage Command Interpreter makes it possible to manage disks, partitions, or volumes and images using command files (XML documents). O&O DiskImage can thereby reanact all the scenarios it displays either directly or indirectly. . An overview of all commands and their possible uses can be found as a PDF document on the O&O website or requested from our Support.
This function is only available for the Workstation and Server Edition.
Manage computer identity
With O&O DiskImage, you can change the identity of a computer to avoid authentication problems, e.g. two computers with the same computer identity. This might be helpful when rolling out a system image onto multiple computers across a network.
- Change the computer name of an operating system that has not been started
- Change the SID, Security ID, of anoperating system that has not been started
- M.I.R. (Machine Independent Restoration) Adaption to different hardware (from an operating system that has not been started)
Supports the most current technologies
O&O Software remains what it has always been; a trailblazer when it comes to information technology. All current Windows systems and 64-bit versions are fully-supported so creating and restoring images can be done as quickly as possible.