Run Instant-Installation, if you have already lost data involuntarily and have not installed O&O DiskRecovery on your computer yet.
To run the Instant-Installation correctly, you will need a second computer and a portable disk or a network connection from which you can access the target computer.
- Place the O&O-DiskRecovery-CD in the CD/DVD drive of the second computer or download the installation file from our web server.
- If you want to use a portable disk (instead of a network connection) for the installation, connect it to the second computer before starting the installation.
- Start the installation file (*.exe) and select Instant-Installation in the dialogue.
- Set the portable disk as target and follow the dialogue prompts to finish the installation.
- after a successful installation, connect the portable disk to the target computer where you want to rescue data.
- Start O&O Instant DiskRecovery from there and enter the license code when asked, which you have received upon purchase of the software.
- Execute the data rescue as described in chapter Getting started.