Information about licensing
In order to activate the product after starting or to gain access to the Full Version at a later time, you must possess a valid license key. This license key is also called a registration code, serial number, or product ID.
O&O FileBackup needs to be licensed per computer; in other words, you have to purchase a license for each computer where you want to employ O&O FileBackup.
If you do not enter a valid license key, you will only be able to use O&O FileBackup as a trial version.
- The registration wizard allows for a simple registration process.
- When you select the option Enter license code, a dialog box will appear where you can enter the registration code you received when purchasing the software.
- Please make sure that you do not confuse the digit “1” with “I” or enter any empty spaces where they don’t belong.
- Press Ok to save the registration data or Cancel to leave the dialog window without saving the data.
- When you have correctly entered the license code you will receive a confirmation in the dialog window.
If you encounter problems while entering your license key, please contact our Support: email@example.com
If you do not enter a valid license key, you will only be able to use O&O FileBackup 30 days as a trial version.
Once a license is successfully entered, a prompt will appear regarding online registration if your license has not already been registered online.
What are the advantages of online registration?
Online registration gives you the benefit of having your customer data kept safely in our files, which means we can provide you with even better service. If, for example, you accidentally lose your license key, we can quickly resend it to you without any problem. The license key is needed for using the full version of a program, getting updates, and for reinstalling the program when you make a new setup of your computer.
Further advantages will let you:
• Be supplied with the latest information about our products
• Make free updates on new versions of purchased items (minor updates)
• Upgrade to a new version at a special discount price (major update)
• Obtain support from our customer service
How do I register online?
If O&O FileBackup was purchased on our Online Shop, you’ve automatically registered with us. If O&O FileBackup purchased at a retailer, you will be asked if you want to register while entering the license information. You then have the option of either registering immediately or at another time. All you’ll need is a functioning Internet connection and a valid license key.
You may also complete the registration form right here:
Just return the completed online form by clicking “Send” and you’ll be eligible to take full advantage of our O&O Customer Service.
Information about your installed program version and the license data (if you have it) can be found under Update & Info..