In order to restore your entire computer or system partition, you need to start O&O DiskImage from a bootable medium under Windows PE. Please proceed as described in chapter Start directly from bootable disk .
Tip: For the restoration of an image onto a computer with hardware different than the source computer, please consult the notes in chapter Machine independent restoration (M.I.R.).
- Start O&O DiskImage directly from the bootable medium.
- Select Drive restoration in the start page of O&O DiskImage.
- Click Select image in the form field or navigate to the storage location of the image in the browser button.
- Select the image containing the system partition i.e. all drives of your computer and click Open.
- All drives included in the image will be shown in the drive list.
- Check the drives you want to restore from the image. If you want to restore your entire computer, check all drives.
- Then select the target drive or disk that should be overwritten with data from the image.*
- Click the Start drive restoration symbol to start the restoration process.
- After restoration is successful, you can restart your computer.
*Note: Keep in mind when selecting the target drive that in Windows PE as of Windows Vista, drive letters are different: Drive C: (normaly containing the non-active operating system) will be assigned another letter (for example D).