O&O Defrag is available in three versions:
- O&O Defrag Professional Edition
- O&O Defrag Workstation Edition
- O&O Defrag Server Edition
The Professional Edition is the version to use for defragmenting a single PC. It cannot be used on a server operating system and has no network capabilities.
The Workstation Edition contains a network agent for controlling O&O Defrag in conjunction with the O&O Enterprise Management Console. The Workstation Edition can only be applied on desktop computers.
The Server Edition a network agent for controlling O&O Defrag in conjunction with the O&O Enterprise Management Console. It can be used on both Servers and Workstations, the latter making more sense when the administrator wishes to control and monitor the defragmentation process from his computer.
Other Features of the Server and Workstation Edition
The Server Edition offers the possibility to access other computers in the network and to control O&O Defrag remotely. Additional information is available in chapter Work within the network.
In addition, you can run the following network functions using the Workstation and Server Edition in combination with the O&O Enterprise Management Console:
- Easy defragmentation of the entire company network
- Management of your computers in sites
- Definition of group settings for PCs
- Creation of a time table for automatic defragmentation with just a few clicks (Defrag Jobs)
- Automatic installation of O&O Defrag-Software in the network
- Integration in Active Directory
- Group rules for software distribution and – configuration
- Execution of Windows commands (Batches) before and after defragmentation
Should you have no O&O Enterprise Management Console or do not yet own a volume license, please contact us. We will gladly send you the installation media and advise you on using the O&O Enterprise Management Console in your company.