- The system requirement of each operating system have to be fulfilled
- 50 MB free hard disk space
- 32/64-bit Support (from Windows XP/Server 2003)
- Windows® Vista till Windows® Server 2012 (all editions):
Supported operating systems
|Windows Server 2008||no||no||yes*|
|Windows Server 2003||no||no||yes*|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||no||no||yes*|
|Windows Server 2012||no||no||yes*|
* All variants of this server operating system are supported, except Core-Installations
If you wish to use the network functionality, you must also have the following available:
- Network card and connection
You need local administrator permissions for the installation and for its later use. This is usually the case, if you were able to install other programs before.
In a network, you must be the domain administrator if you wish to install and control O&O Defrag locally as well as on the network computers.
Microsoft Windows Installer
The installation takes place with the help of the Microsoft Windows Installer. It is a Windows integrated component which controls all installation and uninstallation.