Installing O&O Defrag is very easy. Please follow the steps below:
- Start the computer on which you would like to install O&O Defrag.
- Sign in as an administrator or equivalent.
- Start the O&O Defrag installation file that you downloaded from our web server or that is found on your CDROM.
- After the setup program has been successfully initialized, please follow the installation dialogue
The dialogue for registration always appears automatically at the start to guide you if you are using an unregistered version or have entered the registration code incorrectly.
- The registration wizard allows for a simple registration process.
- When you select the option I want to enter my license, a dialog box will appear where you can enter the registration code you received when purchasing the software.
If you have purchased the download version of the software, please enter the license information ("Name", "Company" and License key), just as they are written in the confirmation E-Mail you received.
If you have purchased the box version of the software, please enter the license key as it is written on the license card included. In addition, please enter your name and if needed your company.
- Please make sure that you do not confuse the digit “1” with “I” or enter any empty spaces where they don’t belong.
- Press Next to save the registration data or Cancel to leave the dialog window without saving the data.
- When you have correctly entered the license code you will receive a confirmation in the dialog window.
If you encounter problems while entering your license key, please contact our Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates/Installing Updates of O&O Defrag
O&O Defrag automatically checks if a new version is available whenever it’s started.
If there is a new program version, you will be able to update your version.
Suggestion: You can find your license data and the exact version number you’re using by clicking About O&O Defrag in the Ribbon Bar at Info.
So-called Minor-Updates (Version 19.1 to 19.2, 19.0 to 19.5, etc.), where smaller changes in the program have been made, are free. Major updates, such as from version 19 to 20, must generally be purchased.