O&O CheckDisk performs an exhaustive check of the file system and the storage medium interface and by doing so protects them against possible loss of data.
- To open O&O CheckDisk, click Start/Programs/SystemRecovery and then CheckDisk.
O&O CheckDisk is a Wizard that guides you step-by-step through the monitoring of your drives.
- 1. After starting O&O CheckDisk click Next.
- 2. In the second stage, select the drive you wish to analyze.
You will have the following options available:
- Automatically correct file system errors – This carries out an automatic error correction. File system errors are remedied quickly and easily.
- Rebuild defective sectors – This function lets O&O CheckDisk check your disk for damaged sectors and then moves them to intact sectors.
- Display extended information
If you don't choose an option, a log of the analysis will be created.
In the next stage the analysis is carried out. While O&O CheckDisk is going to work, you can monitor the progress on two progress bars. All program messages will appear in the window.